Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciencES (ARIES) desires to engage students pursuing/recently passed the Bachelor’s in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Science or Engineering from the recognized University/Institution within India, as Interns under CSIP. These young talents shall be given exposure to the R&D facilities (Astronomy, Astrophysics, Atmospheric Sciences, and Engineering) of the Institute.
Roles & Responsibilities
The selected Interns will mainly be engaged in the Software Development and data management tasks which are useful to the Institute. They have to apply computer, technical, analytic, communication, problem-solving and/or critical thinking skills in their works at ARIES. These young talents shall be given exposure to the R&D facilities (Astronomy, Astrophysics, Atmospheric Sciences, and Engineering) of the Institute. They will be asked to devise strategies, find solutions to complex challenges, design and write computer programs, test hardware and software, analyze and display data, discern the best methods of data collection, develop accesses and processing techniques that satisfy ARIES R&D project requirements. The Interns will have access to state-of-the-art computing resources and computational software packages. They will also be provided access to various short-term online courses on open-source software’s like C, C++, Java, Python, Python Django, Python Flask, R, Drupal, PHP/MySQL, Linux, BASH, Scilab, and many more.
Presently the projects available for Interns are typically in the areas of:
- Software Development
- Data Archival and Management
- Big Data
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning
- High-Performance Computing
- Information Retrieval and Visualization
- Data Center Management
- Architecture & Systems
- Knowledge and Data Representation, Distillation and Sharing, Database Crawling, etc.
Bonafied students of any recognized University/Institution within India, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the Internship:
- Under-graduate Engineering students, having completed/appeared in the 6th semester of the BE or B.Tech course from the recognized University/Institution within India
- Engineering graduates waiting for admission for higher studies/completed or pursuing Master’s/Post Graduate/research programme.
- Master’s degree in Science and/ or Engineering (M.Sc./M.Tech/MCA) from the recognized University/ Institution within India
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Python/Java/C++/C#)
- Sound knowledge on UNIX or Linux platform
- Sound understanding of areas such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object-Oriented Design, Databases, Clusters, Parallel programming.
- A fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous Internship(s) experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Period: The period of Internship shall be at least 20 weeks but not exceeding six months. The Internship is neither a job nor an assurance for a job nor a permanent position in ARIES in any manner whatsoever.
- Stipend: The selected Interns shall be paid a stipend of ₹10,000 per month if no Accommodation is provided, otherwise they will be paid ₹5,000 per month if Hostel is provided.
- Termination: Director, ARIES reserves the right to terminate the Internship before the period of Internship in case of impropriety, misconduct, breach of conditions, irregular attendance or poor quality of performance.
- Experience Certificate: A certificate regarding successful completion of Internship detailing the projects that the Interns worked on during the period of Internship shall be provided. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any Certificate.
- Logistics & Support: Interns will be required to have their own Laptops. ARIES shall provide them working space, access to the high-end servers, Internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Project Heads/In-charges.
Procedure to Apply
- Interested applicants will have to apply ONLINE only.
- Deadline of Application: 31 December 2020.
- Start of Internship: 01 February 2021.
- The applicants pursuing any Bachelors or Post-graduate programmes shall have to submit NOC from the HOD/Principal. It has to be indicated in the NOC that the applicant would not be registered for any course requiring his/her attendance in the class during the period of Internship.
Procedures for Selection
- The screened candidates will be called for an online Interview in which they will be screened for communication, interpersonal, and work-related technical skills.
- Based on the performance in the Interview, the selection of Intern shall be made.
- Director, ARIES will have the power to relax certain conditions in respect of any deserving candidate.
- The list of selected candidates will be uploaded on ARIES website, and the call letters will be issued to the respective candidates.
- In this round at least 04 Interns will be selected, however, this number may vary depending upon the number of applications received.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidate has to produce original mark sheets and other relevant documents, failing which his/her candidature shall be canceled.
- NREGA Job Card List 2021 State Wise: MGNREGA Job Cards Download
- Amazon Recruitment 2021 | For software development engineer
- UP Police Vacancy 2021 |UP Police Answer Key|
- DSSSB Recruitment 2021|Total post 1809|
- Combined Technical Assistant and Assistant Instructor Recruitment 2016 Result 2020
- [LATEST ] HPCL Engineers Recruitment 2021 | 200 Post |
- UP Board High School & Intermediate Result
- IREL Recruitment 2020 for Graduate/Technician Apprentice | 21 Posts |